On a March evening in 1867, seven gentlemen associated with the brewing trade met in The Bank House, High Street, Burton on Trent, to discuss proposals for an infirmary in the town. The idea of building a hospital to serve local people had been mooted for some time, only now the sum of £450 was available, thanks to the legacy of a Mr Brough of Winshill.

Read More